Monday, August 20, 2012

Time for School

After much prayer over the last year and half, Matt and I have decided to home school all three of our children.  I had planned to home school the two youngest, but at the beginning of 5th grade, I wasn't sure what Camden's middle school/6th grade year would look like.  I literally started researching and praying and asking God for a very definite answer before Camden finished 5th grade.  I knew by February of this year that I would home school Camden.  For a long time, I/we didn't tell anyone.  I was unsure of people's reactions and opinions, etc.  God gave me a complete peace about our decision.  I know that we made the best decision for our family and our children.  I understand that it's not for everyone.  I don't have a problem with the public school system...my son went to public school for 3 years.  I know it won't be easy.  I know it requires A LOT of work on my part, but I am ready for that challenge.  I am so excited to be the one that influences my children's character and learning.   My kids are involved in church activities galore, sports, band and a home school co-op with more than 100 other children.  We're only 2 weeks in, but so far I feel such a personal blessing from this decision. 

Yearly School Picture
Camden 6th grade--Payton Kindergarten--Maylee Grace Preschool

I am blessed!

No comments: