Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More testing

Today was Matt’s CT scan. This test should show exactly what it was that was highlighted on the PET scan. We should have results by tomorrow afternoon. Then, Thursday, Matt goes in for his Radiation Consultation.

Over the last few days, we have had some serious conversations. God has provoked thoughts in my mind and drawn me closer to Him. My human nature asks all the questions: Why? Why NOW? Why Matt? I have struggled with the thoughts of Matt having to go through all of this again…the surgery, the pain, the recovery. Then, I am reminded that I don’t need to know “why”. I simply need to trust God.

I have been reading about Job and what he experienced. Job had literally lost it all. Job 1:20 says, “At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship and said: ‘Naked I came from my mother’s womb and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.’” When, he was at the end of the rope, Job still praised God. God has given us this life…our health…everything. He gives and he can take away. This does not mean that God is looking down on us trying to make our lives miserable. He is just. He is sovereign. He is a jealous God who wants us to be fully devoted to Him. Our life, health, stuff is His for the taking.

The thing that drew me to Matt when we first started dating was his smile. He was always smiling, laughing and having fun. While the news last Monday took his breath away, he woke up Tuesday morning ready to fight this battle….with a smile. Spending time with him, you would not know he was sick or in pain, because he’s always smiling. He has told me and others countless number of times that God knows what He is doing. I am so proud of him.

No comments: