Friday, March 11, 2011

Evening update 8:45pm

Matt is in ICU for the evening. Because of the surgery on his neck, they want to keep a close eye on him and his airway. He is in a lot of pain right now and trying to sleep. This crazy husband of mine is already trying to talk. :) I bet that doesn't surprise you much.

I sit here so relieved that this part of the journey is over. It seemed like forever waiting in the waiting room and then waiting to be reunited with Matt after the doctor came to tell me the surgery was complete. Now, it's onto recovery, which I know my big, burly husband will be a trooper.

I want to thank everyone for praying. We were absolutely blown away by Facebook messages, emails, texts, phone calls, etc. The love that pours from the family of God is so soothing. What a privilege to know that our family was being lifted to the throne of the Most High God today all over the world, literally. It gives me goosebumps. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Please continue to pray for Matt. I hate to see him in pain. Pray that he will fully regain his speaking ability. God is not finished with this boy yet!

No comments: