Monday, March 14, 2011

My Rock

Matt is doing much better today. He is up and around and even playing video games! One huge blessing is that his speech sounds pretty good for the type of surgery he just had. I was encouraging him this morning on how well he was speaking. That was one of his biggest fears was not being able to speak and be understood. At this point, his tongue is still very swollen, so his speech is slurred and it is painful for him to speak, but I can understand him!! Praise God! He had a much better night of sleep without the neck drain. He even tried eating some pudding and yogurt last night. Since Friday, all he had consumed was water, iced tea and liquid medicine.


We have been blessed by so many cards, messages, etc. We even received a beautifully made comfort quilt and Matt's favorite, a Packers blanket. It has been such an encouragement to us and especially Matt.
A very dear friend sent this ornament to me. She encouraged me to lay my head on the "Rock". Her note was so uplifting to me. I have been trying to be strong for my husband, my family, my kids, the people around me. This strength is not from me. I can't rely on my own strength. It's from God. He is my Rock and my Refuge in time of trouble. He is with us every step of the way. The last couple of days have been especially difficult seeing Matt so discouraged and in so much pain. God wants me to lift my eyes back to Him and lean on Him.

Psalm 62:6

He alone is my ROCK and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

1 comment:

Paragon said...

I love you guys. This post was absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing your heart & allowing us into your world right now. Your strength and love for your husband is such a lovely thing to watch.....